Almond Meal Jam Drops
Who doesn’t love a good Jam Drop? Crunchy biscuit & gooey jam inside…
Perfect with a cup of herbal tea – wouldn’t you agree?
We make our Jam Drops with our Flannerys Own Almond Meal – gives them a lovely nutty flavour and nice soft texture.
You can find the recipe for the Raspberry Chia Jam right here.
Fun facts about almonds
Did you know that almonds come from the peach family? That’s right almonds are technically hard shelled fruit – a member of the stone fruit family.
Almonds are also the lowest calorie nut and are full of vitamins & minerals. They contain healthy fats, natural vitamin E, plant based protein, fibre and antioxidants. They are known for having anti-inflammatory & cholesterol reducing effects. Additionally they also contain calcium, iron & zinc.
2 cups Flannerys Own Almond Meal
1/4 tsp Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
1/4 tsp Flannerys Own Baking Powder
3 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
3 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Raspberry Chia Jam
1. In a food processor combine almond meal, salt & baking powder.
2. Gradually add in coconut oil & maple syrup until a dough forms.
3. Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time into a ball and place on a lined baking tray.
4. Press the biscuits down with your finger or a spoon and fill the indentation with jam.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool before eating.