Watermelon, Strawberry & Cashew Cheese Salad
Cook time: 10 minutes
GLUTEN FREE | VEGAN | DAIRY FREE
By The Food Design Studio
As seen on the cover of our Summer Magazine 2020
The ultimate ‘bring a plate’ summer salad.
Pretty in pink and refreshing in flavour, believe it or not but all of these ingredients compliment each other. This salad will be even more beautiful in colour and taste when festive cherries are in season.
I am obsessed with Peace Love & Vegetables Dill Cashew Cheese. Straight out of Byron Bay, NSW and packed with probiotics which are fabulous for feeding the microbiome in our gut – The most deliciously creamy cashew cheese with a hint of fresh dill.
- 1/2 Organic watermelon, diced into bite size cubes
- 250g Organic strawberries, washed and halved
- 1 Organic fresh lime, sliced in half or into wedges
- A handful of Flannerys OWN raw cashew nuts, crushed into ‘almost crumbs’
- fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- To prepare the salad, layer a large plate with the watermelon first. Top with the strawberries and lime.
- Sprinkle the cashew nuts over the salad.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon out small dollops of cashew cheese.
- Sneak the mint leaves into the salad by carefully placing them underneath the watermelon and strawberries.
- Either drizzle the salad with maple syrup, or pour the maple syrup into a small dish to serve.