Spicy vegan lentil burgers – your new favourite mid week meal.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Walnut Halves
- 2 flax eggs (see note below)
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tsp of chilli powder, smoked paprika & ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to season
- Coconut oil to fry
- Burger buns of choice
- Salads of choice
- To make the lentil patties add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together but is still chunky. Divide the mixture into equal sized patties.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat add a small amount of coconut oil and once heated fry the patties. Cook until the patties are crispy and holding together. Gently flip the and cook for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Serve burgers with salad of choice on your favourite burger bun.
Note: to make one flax egg combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water and allow to rest of 10-15 minutes.