Thai Green Curry with Tofu
Fresh, creamy, beautiful on the eye and not too punchy in chilli heat, Turban Chopsticks Thai Green Curry Paste is most definitely a crowd-pleaser. Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE
- 1 jar Turban Chopsticks Thai Green Curry Paste
- 400g coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce if you are not after a GF version)
- 1/2 cup water
- 270g GF udon noodles or noodles of your choice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 400g firm tofu, washed, pat dry and cubed
- 1 bunch bok choy or greens of your choice, washed and separated
- To garnish
- Handful coriander, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced thinly at an angle
- 2 limes, halved or quartered
- Pour the Thai Green Curry Paste, coconut milk, Tamari and water into a medium-sized saucepan and place on the stovetop on medium to high heat.
- When at temperature, stir and reduce it down to a low simmer. Simmer for approx 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whilst the curry is simmering, place the noodles into a medium-sized pot of boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
- Preheat a medium frying pan to a medium to high temperature, add a tablespoon of sesame oil and flash fry the tofu so that the outside of the tofu cubes are crunchy and golden.
- Assemble your curry bowl, ladle a couple of spoons of the curry into a bowl, add a handful of the noodles, layering the bok choy and tofu ingredients around the edges of the bowl. Garnish with coriander, spring onion and fresh limes, adding extra chilli if you like your curries hot.