Stuffed Couscous Capsicum
A hearty family meal perfect for those cooler nights.
- 4 TBS Flannerys Own Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500g organic chicken breast, diced (omit/replace with tofu for vegan option)
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Slivered Almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups wholemeal couscous, cooked according to the packet
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Organic Raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4 red capsicums, tops removed and seeds discarded
- Salt & pepper to season
- Extra olive oil to bake
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a fry pan heat the olive oil and cook the chicken until it is brown – remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, carrots, zucchini, turmeric, cumin, ground coriander and cinnamon until the carrots are cooked.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the cooked couscous, black beans and raisins. Stir until combined and season if required.
- Fold through the fresh coriander and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the capsicums.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the capsicums are slightly brown.
- Serve warm with remaining fresh coriander.