Veggie Loaded Shepherd’s Pie
This Veggie Loaded Shepherd’s Pie is a heartwarming dish that’s easy to prepare for you and your family. Make a big batch to use for mid-week lunches, or freeze it into portions for healthy ready-to-go dinners when you don’t have time to cook. This is a versatile meal the whole family can enjoy.
Recipe by @rawbeccabites_
Servings: 4-6 | Dairy free | Gluten free
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 tin of lentils drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Spiral Foods Tamari Soy
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Spiral Foods Organic Tamari Furikake
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan, add the avocado oil, onion and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms and carrot and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced.
- In a separate pot, boil the potatoes and salt until the potatoes are soft and fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Drain and mash potatoes, adding vegan butter/oil, non-dairy milk and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Spoon the lentil mixture into the base of the dish and top with mashed potato.
- Smooth out with the back of a fork.
- Transfer to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with steamed greens.