Red Velvet Cupcakes w/ velvet latte whipped coconut cream
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegetarian | Paleo | Refined Sugar Free
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
These red velvet cupcakes are just so pretty, and guess what? They taste just as good as they look and are full of nutritious ingredients! Nutra Organics Velvet Latte powder is used to naturally tint these gorgeous cupcakes. The Ayurvedic Chai spices in the mix provide a perfect harmonious blend of flavour and nutrition. This recipe is also super easy and sure to turn heads at any occasion. You can always skip the whipped cream, if you don’t have time, they will still taste great on their own!
- 1 cup OWN almond meal
- ¼ cup OWN organic coconut Flour
- ¼ cup OWN organic cacao powder
- ¼ cup Nutra Organics velvet latte
- 1 tsp. Bob Red Mill bi-carb soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup OWN Honey
- ¼ cup OWN organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Nutra Organics velvet latte
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic maple syrup
- 1 can of Absolute Organic coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- Preheat oven to 1600C and line 10 cups of a muffin tray with medium cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredient. In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon evenly amongst muffin tray and bake in oven for 15-20min or until a little golden and firm to touch. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooling, mix the Velvet Latte mix with maple syrup in a small bowl. Place coconut cream (not the liquid) and maple syrup mixture in a large bowl and whip with an electric beater for 1-2 min or until combined and fluffy. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe by Laura Scherian