Nutra Organics Rainbow Mexican Bowl
gluten free, dairy free, *vegan, makes 2 | By Nutra Organics
This dish is an absolute feast and best enjoyed with friends. Basmati rice makes the lightest and fluffiest Mexican rice and is made extra nourishing and delicious cooked in Chicken Bone Broth (if you’d like to make this recipe vegan, use our Vegetable Broth instead). The vegan lime cashew aioli brings us all together and is so moreish, you’ll want to drizzle it over everything!
1/2 sweet potato
2 cobs of corn
2 lime, juiced
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
A selection of greens, we used broccoli, edamame beans, and cucumber
2 leaves purple cabbage, chopped
1 tbsp smoked paprika
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp Absolute Organic Olive Oil
3-4 cup boiling water
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup OWN cashews
2 heaped tbsp of Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original (*Or Vegetable Broth for a vegan option)
3 tbsp OWN Savoury Yeast Flakes
2-3 tsp OWN Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Place cashews in a bowl and fill with boiling water, soak for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
3. Cut sweet potato into chips, drizzle over a little olive oil and salt. Lay out onto a tray and roast for 20 minutes or until caramelised and tender.
4. Add rice to a saucepan with a little olive oil, smoked paprika, ground cumin and 2/3 of the minced garlic. Fry for a minute or two until fragrant, then add 1.5 cups of water, cherry tomatoes, Chicken Bone Broth powder, 2 tbsp savoury yeast flakes, and 1 tsp of salt.
5. Char corn by placing the corn cobs over a gas flame and turning as it begins to char each side. Alternatively, if there is no access to an open flame, simply cut off the corn kernels and fry in a pan over a high heat until they begin to char. Set aside.
6. To make lime cashew aioli, combine soaked cashews, lime juice, 1 tsp salt, remainder of minced garlic, 1 tbsp savoury yeast flakes, and 1/4 cup of water. Blitz in a food processor or Nutribullet until creamy. Add more water if needed, adjust seasoning to taste.
7. Prepare and cut your greens and cabbage for serving.
8. You can simply serve the avocado halved and in slices, but for a little extra fanciness make the avocado rose by cutting an avocado in half, remove the seed and carefully peel off the avocado skin. Slice the avocado face down with a sharp knife, make slices 1-2 mm apart. Then carefully fan out the avocado into a 'U' shape, then curl it around on itself carefully to make a rose shape, repeat for the other avocado half.
9. Serve everything together topping with the avocado and enjoy the yumminess with some good company!