Nut Butter Blondies
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 16-20 minutes
If you are looking for a treat to make for Mother’s Day, look no further. These blondies are sure to make someone’s day. So easy, ready within 1 hour and it is gluten-free, dairy-free and grain-free, it ticks so many boxes.
Any nut butter can be used in this recipe. I used Melrose Macadamia and Cashew Butter. However, they have many varieties in their nut butter range that would be very appropriate for this recipe. My personal favourite is Almond Chai, it really gives a little spice to my Blondie, or if a Brownie is more your thing, the Chocolate hazelnut spread would be a fine choice.
This Blondie is perfect paired with a cup of tea and some good company, or if that’s not possible in the current landscape, a good book or an episode of your present Netflix binge would be suffice. Enjoy!
- 1 jar Melrose macadamia and cashew butter
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup OWN rapadura sugar
- 1/3 cup Melrose coconut oil and ghee, melted or OWN coconut oil (if a dairy-free option is required)
- 1 tsp. Very Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup OWN almond meal
- ¼ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Sweet William white chocolate buttons (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- ¼ cup OWN macadamia nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC, line a square baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl combine almond meal, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Place nut butter, eggs, rapadura sugar, vanilla extract and coconut oil and ghee in a large bowl. Use an electric beater to combine until smooth.
- Next, stir through the almond meal mixture and fold through chocolate buttons and macadamia pieces.
- Pour mixture into the tray and smooth with a spatula and place in the oven. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges start to brown but middle still remains slightly soft.
- Allow to completely cool in the pan, then remove and slice into squares.
Recipe by Laura Scherian