Nourishing Carrot Cake Mini Muffins for the kids
Keeping the kids entertained over the school holidays can be hard, but keeping their little tummies satisfied can be ever harder! Luckily we have the perfect little snack. These nourishing Carrot Cake Mini Muffins are delicious, nutritious and healthy!
For more nourishing recipes for the kids, you can visit Nourishing Bubs recipe page.
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup almond meal (or almond meal with chia)
1 tsp xanthan gum or arrowroot flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup grated organic carrot
½ cup Nourishing Bubs Pumpkin Puree (5 blocks defrosted)
½ cup pitted medjool dates, finely chopped or processed
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup honey (not recommended for children under 12 months old) or maple syrup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup organic coconut oil melted
1. Preheat oven to 180° Line mini muffin tin with small patty papers.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the middle.
3. Combine honey, coconut oil and eggs. Pour into well. Stir until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into patty pans and fill 2/3 of the way up. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean. Note: Cooked muffins can be frozen individually and defrosted as required.
5. Enjoy your nourishing Carrot Cake Mini Muffins!