Lemon & pistachio keto bombs
by Melrose resident wholefoods cook, Dani Venn
prep time: 7 minutes | cooking time: 5 minutes | serves 1
2 cups shredded or desiccated coconut
½ cup Melrose Unrefined Coconut Oil
½ cup Melrose MCT (Melrose MCT Original, Pro Rapid or Pro Plus -- take your pick!)
200g Melrose Macadamia Spread
¼ cup Melrose Organic Grass-fed Ghee or Butter
¾ cup chilled thickened coconut cream
2 lemons, zest finely grated
1 teaspoon salt flakes
1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
1. Place shredded or desiccated coconut into a high-powered blender or food processor along with both the coconut and MCT oil, blend on medium – high speed until a coarse but slightly runny paste has formed. This may take a few minutes, stop and scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
2. Add macadamia spread, ghee or butter, coconut cream, lemon zest and salt flakes to the mix and blend for a further 30 seconds until well combined. Mixture should be nice and creamy.
3. Spray a mini muffin pan, flexible is best, with spray coconut oil and fill each mould with a tablespoon or so of mixture then top with some chopped pistachios. Alternatively line a small baking pan with baking paper and spread the mixture evenly across the pan then top with chopped pistachios. Place in the fridge or freezer to set for 4 – 8 hours.
4. To remove the fat bombs from a flexible muffin tray, they should pop out easily, if using a traditional muffin pan, allow them to loosen for 10 minutes at room temperature then gently remove with a small spatula or thin knife.
5. If using a baking pan, when set, remove from fridge / freezer and slice into chunks. Store in airtight container in the fridge, or you can store in freezer, but allow them to thaw out a little before eating.
6. Tips: Mix up the nut butter with Almond or ABC butter. It also takes up 4-8 hours of prepping beforehand.