Granola Breakfast Bars
Dairy Free, Vegetarian
Makes: 10 / Time: 20-25mins
The ideal breakfast or snack for people on the go! These nutrition packed granola breakfast bars are simple, quick and easy; perfect for those who don’t have time to sit down in the morning and enjoy a long breakfast. Alternatively, these bars can also be broken up over a bowl of yogurt and fruit and turned into a breakfast bowl – perfect to be kept in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy.
Recipe by Emily Smith
2 cup OWN organic oats
½ cup OWN blanched almond meal
½ cup OWN desiccated coconut
¼ cup OWN halved macadamias
¼ cup OWN pepitas
2 tbsp. OWN goji berries
1 tbsp. OWN chia seeds
¼ cup raisins
1/3 cup Abrosia raw organic honey
1/3 cup OWN coconut oil
2 tbsp. OWN almond spread
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Add all dry ingredients & raisins to a blender. Pulse for 4-5 seconds [you just want to slightly chop everything but not too much].
3. In saucepan add honey, coconut oil & almond spread. Softly heat & stir until combined.
4. Add together dry and wet ingredients in a bowl and fold with a spoon until combined.
5. On a lined baking tray create a bar shape [or whatever shape you would like your granola bars to be]. E.g. I use my ¼ cup to create the shape of my bars.
6. Cook in oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. *Once the bars are fully cooked I pop them in the fridge to cool I find this helps them stick together more.Enjoy.x