Gluten free vegan Pizza with pesto
Makes 8 mini pizzas
Gluten free | Dairy free | Vegan
Recipe by @lalasplate
I’m a huge fan of pizza… always have been and always will be and this gluten free vegan pizza truly hits the spot. Loaded with veggies, gluten-free and has the perfect thin crispy crust… this is in my mind, the best healthy vegan pizza yet. This pizza uses The Gluten Free Co. Quick Mix Pizza Base which is made with super simple ingredients, is super easy to make and gives you 8 mini pizza bases – making it perfect for a family pizza night or dinner party! The homemade pesto really shines here, it makes this pizza so flavourful, and it’s super simple to make! I really hope you enjoy this easy recipe, it’s one of my faves!
- The Gluten Free Co Pizza Base Quick Mix
- 600ml water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby rocket
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 bunches fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Own pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Passata (1-2 tablespoons per mini pizza)
- Vegan Cheese (1-2 tablespoons per pizza)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
1. Prepare Pizza dough as per package instructions.
2. To create the pesto, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until well combined, smooth and no clumps remain (this should take around 1-3 minutes) TIP** scrape down sides while blending to assist in a smoother pesto.
3. Once pesto and pizza bases are prepared, top each pizza base with some tomato passata, vegan cheese, finely chopped mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pesto and fresh basil.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and edges are crispy. Enjoy!