Dirty Rose Doughnuts
We were so excited to whip up this delicious vegan creation with Loving Earth’s new ‘Dirty Rose’ flavour!
Think Turkish delight flavours in a light and fluffy doughnut.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Serves: Makes 6 Doughnuts
Vegan | Nut-Free
PREP TIME: 20 mins | SET: 2 hrs+
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbsp. water, set aside
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 45g pocket size Loving Earth Dirty Rose Chocolate (roughly chopped)
Icing / Decoration:
- 40g Loving Earth Chocolate of your choice
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the flax ‘egg’, and icing ingredients. Stir to combine. Add the flax ‘egg’ and stir again.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the mixing bowl and fold in.
- Spoon approx. 3 spoonfuls of batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place a small heat-proof bowl on top of a small saucepan filled halfway with water over simmering heat. Add the chocolate to the bowl and constantly stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place a spoonful of melted chocolate onto the doughnut and smooth out. Place doughnuts onto a large tray, top with dried rose petals, and place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Defrost at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.