Crunchy Coconut Prawns
These Crunchy Coconut Prawns go well with sweet potato chips and garlic aioli.
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Arrowroot
- 3/4 tsp Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 700g prawns, peeled with tails left in tact
- 2 cups Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil, for frying
- 2 cups Flannerys Own Organic Shredded Coconut
- Mix all dry in a large bowl, except for the shredded coconut.
- Coat the prawns in the dry mixture (shaking of the excess), follow by the egg mixture and then the shredded coconut. For extra crunchy coating you can repeat this process to double coat the prawns.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large fry pan to approximately 180 degrees.
- Shallow fry the prawns until they are golden – serve immediately.