Crispy Pesto Chicken Strips
Gluten free | Dairy free | Paleo
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
These tasty crispy chicken strips will blow your mind. They are so versatile. Great with some vegetables or salad for dinner, popped in a wrap for lunch, a delicious finger food option with a dipping sauce or you can cut chicken smaller and make some fancy nuggets for the kids. This recipe is extremely simple to make and a great alternative to store bought crumbed chicken, which can be full of preservatives and processed ingredients. Gluten free, dairy free, paleo friendly and ready in 25min, what a winner!
- 500g organic chicken tenderloins
- ½ Jar (120ml) Roza’s DF pesto
- ½ cup OWN almond meal
- 3 slices Venerdi almond linseed paleo bread, finely processed to bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ jar Maleny Cuisine spicy tomato relish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220oC and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a shallow bowl pour in pesto and in another shallow bowl combine almond meal, bread crumbs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a tenderloin in pesto and roll so both sides are coated, then roll in crumbs, shake off excess and place on prepared tray. Repeat process until all tenderloins are coated.
- Place in the oven for 7-10 minutes each side, or until cooked through and crumbs are golden. Serve with dipping sauce.
Recipe by Laura Scherian