Coconut & Lentil Curry
Hearty and filling curry perfect for mid-week dinners!
- 2 cups of dried lentils (you can used canned if you have on hand)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaped TBS red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 7 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp salt (or salt to taste)
- juice of two limes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes and roasted
- fresh coriander for serving
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add the onions, pepper, carrot and jalapeno. Cook until veggies begin to get tender.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry, spices, salt and tomato paste and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the water, coconut milk, lentils and chickpeas, bring to a low boil, and cook uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, until lentils are tender. Add more liquid if needed
- Wash and cut sweet potato into cubes. Season and add to a lined baking tray with a drizzle of oil and pop in the oven at 180 degrees until roasted. These are a great addition at the end!
- Stir in the lime juice, and give it a taste to see if you need any more lime or salt.
Serve with fresh coriander and roast sweet potato cubes on top