Chewy Banana Granola Bars
These are handy to have on the go and for school lunches!
For a nut free version replace the nut butter with a little coconut oil & the nuts for seeds of choice.
If watching your fructose intake just cut down on the amount of fruit you add and substitute with seeds.
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Organic Rolled Oats (or for a gluten free option try using puffed or flaked Quinoa)
- 2 organic bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Own Chia Seeds
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Own Nut Butter – try using peanut, cashew or ABC there’s plenty to choose from!
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Macadamia Halves
- 1/4 cup dried fruit – we recommend our delicious cranberries, sultanas or goji berries!
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Nibs
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas and nut butter together.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, making sure it is well combined.
- Pour mixture into a shallow lined baking dish and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool before lifting out of the dish. Cut into bar sized pieces.
- Will keep in an airtight container for a few days – yum!