Spring Noodle Salad
This salad is simply stunning and full of fresh nutritious ingredients. Dressed with a subtle Asian-inspired dressing that enhances the flavours of the fresh ingredients without being overpowering.
There is nothing better than a salad that is a complete meal. Full of colourful vegetables, good quality carbohydrates and a vegetarian protein source in the tofu. This salad will also suit the majority of dietary needs, as it is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free.
A great lunch option, mid-week dinner, or something a little different to take to a barbeque. This is not just a salad, but a meal, and is sure to be hit with your family and friends.
Recipe by @laura_scherian
Vegan | Gluten-Free | Nut-Free
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 200g organic tofu, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Spiral tamari
- 2 -3 Tbsp. Melrose sesame oil
- 2 cups OWN brown rice, cooked
- ½ cup organic red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup organic broccoli florets, blanched and cooled
- 1 organic carrot, grated
- 2 organic spring onions, sliced
- 1 handful organic mint, roughly chopped
- 1 handful organic coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. OWN sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. OWN black sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Spiral mirin
- 2 Tbsp. Melrose sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Carwari rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Spiral Tamari
- Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add tamari and tofu, stir fry stirring with a wooden spoon, until tofu is golden on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients, until well combined.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and add tofu once cooled. Pour dressing over salad and mix well.