Asparagus Dinner Omelette
Asparagus Dinner Omelette with chilli oil & microgreens
This asparagus dinner omelette is filling, fluffy and full of goodness. Packed with asparagus and avocado, it’s full of vitamins, minerals and omegas! Topped off with crunchy chilli oil, this omelette is sure to satisfy.
Recipe by @cecilevadas
Vegetarian | GF
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter (or ghee)
- 8 – 10 asparagus stalks
- 2 tbsp The Ugly Food Co. Crunchy Chilli Oil
- sourdough or GF bread (if desired)
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful microgreens
- Chop the bottoms off the asparagus and thinly slice each stem (3-4 times). Set aside.
- Separate the eggs. Place the yolks, cream, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix well.
- Place the egg whites in a separate dry bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form using either a handheld or electric mixer.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix well. Fold the remaining through, making sure to not over-mix or whisk briskly to keep the aeration.
- Place half the oil and butter into a nonstick pan and leave to melt on high heat. Add the sliced asparagus to one side of the pan and pour half the egg mixture over the top. Cook, allow to set, puff up and crisp around the edges for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the micro greens and sliced avocado to one half of the omelette (opposite side to the asparagus). Fold over so the asparagus is on the top. Serve on a plate. Repeat to create the second omelette.
- Finish with the chilli oil and sea salt.