Nourishing Corn Chip Bowl
A healthy take on a Mexican favourite – this nourishing corn chip bowl delivers a delicious hit of flavours. If you’re vegetarian, gluten-free or dairy-free, you can still enjoy this nourishing bowl by simply swapping foods to suit your needs, just see our below suggestions.
- 1 tbsp Flannerys Own Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Flannerys Own Certified Organic Raw Honey
- 1 organic and hormone-free Chicken Breast, sliced into small cubes (For our vegetarian friends, try swapping for organic roasted sweet potatoes.)
- ¼ cup organic rice, cooked (If you’re gluten-free, simply swap rice for organic quinoa.)
- 200g organic corn pieces
- 1 organic medium tomato, diced
- 200g organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 organic red onion, chopped finely
- Organic Spring onion, chopped finely
- Organic Cheddar cheese, grated (If you cant have lactose, swap cheese for savoury yeast flakes.)
- Fresh, unsweetened yoghurt or organic hummus
- Flannerys Own Certified Organic Corn Chips
- In a small bowl, coat chicken pieces in coconut oil and honey.
- Heat a small fry pan over medium heat and add chicken pieces. Cook until golden on all sides and cooked all the way through.
- In a medium sized bowl, divide the chicken, rice, corn and tomato into four sections around the bowl.
- Top with kidney beans, red onion, spring onion and cheese.
- Add a few tablespoons of fresh yoghurt in the middle of the sections.
- Dip corn chips into the bowl and enjoy!