Zucchini, Carrot & Honey Muffins
Muffins are not just for those with sweet tooths! These savoury muffins are the perfect addition to your lunchbox or afternoon snack and are filled with wholesome goodness.
by Ambrosia Organic Honey | vegetarian
1 zucchini (grated)
1 carrot (grated)
1 green onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 cup Ambrosia Raw Organic Honey
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced.
2. Grease a 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pan.
3. Place zucchini and 3/4 of the carrot in a large bowl. Add onion, cheese and flour. Stir to combine.
4. Whisk eggs, oil, yoghurt and 2 tablespoons honey together. Add to zucchini mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add coriander. Mix to combine. Divide evenly among holes of prepared pan. Top with remaining carrot and drizzle with remaining honey.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.