Winter warmer tika
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Warm up this winter with this quick and easy dinner. Packed with nutritious organic vegetables this Winter warmer Tika ticks all the boxes. Served on a bed of organic brown rice, a great source of magnesium which is vital for heart health. An all-round great meal to be enjoyed by the entire family.
- 2 cups organic brown rice
- 2 large organic potatoes (diced – medium)
- 2 stems organic kale (finely chopped)
- 1 organic carrot (diced – medium)
- 1 cup organic broccoli (chopped)
- 1 organic chicken breast (diced)
- 1 organic onion (diced)
- 1 jar Ozganics tika misala
- 2 tbsp COYO natural
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bring to boil a medium saucepan and add potato & carrot and cook until just soft. Drain and set aside.
- Bring to boil a medium saucepan and cook rice
- In a large pan or wok heat oil on medium/high heat and add onion and sauté for a few minutes. Then add chicken and brown all over.
- Turn pan down to medium and add potatoes, carrot, kale & broccoli stir for a minute or two until they become lightly caramelised.
- Add tika misala paste – you might need to add a small amount of water depending on how saucy you like
- Bring to boil and then turn down heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through
- Strain cooked rice
- Serve tika on top of rice and top with desired amount of COYO natural
Recipe by @emjoysmith_