Winter Spiced Banana Custard
Vegan | Gluten free | Refined sugar free
Prep time: 10 minutes
Because sometimes we just want DESSERT!
This spiced banana custard is a vegan alternative to regular vanilla custard. It’s delicious warmed-up and poured on top of your favourite winter puddings, or even served solo with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
We’ve replaced the nasty refined sugars with ripe, organic bananas, and packed a flavourful punch with a fragrant mix of spices including turmeric which boasts anti-inflammatory properties. A warm and delicious winter desert, ready in under 10-minutes!
- 2 large ripe organic bananas
- 1tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste, we love Very Vanilla Paste
- 1 x 400ml can Absolute Organic coconut cream
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder, we love Simply Organic
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Use a hand-blender or food processor to blitz.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, warm your custard.
- Serve solo or over your favourite dessert.
Recipe by Lauren Clayton-Smith