Winter Salad with Smokey Tahini Dressing
This warm winter salad brings you a deliciously roasted cauliflower combined with other nourishing ingredients & a creamy smokey tahini dressing.
Recipe by: @fooddesignstudio
Serves: 4 People | Time: 45 minutes | Vegetarian
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 400g chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 250-500g salad leaves of your choice
Smokey Tahini Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup Spiral Organic Un-hulled Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan bake.
- Wash the cauliflower and use a large knife to slice cut into steaks, cutting through the leaves too.
- Place the cauliflower steaks, any florets which have broken off and the leaves onto the roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Place all salad dressing ingredients into a medium-sized jar with a lid and shake well to combine.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse with water. Shake off any excess water. Add the chickpeas to a piping hot fry pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and pan-fry for 5 minutes or until the chickpeas are crispy. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan add the walnuts, constantly turn them and toast them for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Assemble your salad and drizzle generously with the smokey tahini dressing.