Vegetarian Slice with Zucchini and Corn
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30-40 minutes
Don’t let the simplicity of this zucchini and corn slice fool you, it is incredibly delicious. Literally, you can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as a snack. This vegetarian recipe is inexpensive, well balanced and nourishing. The use of wholesome organic ingredients provides an abundance of vitamins and minerals and organic eggs are a great source of quality vegetarian protein.
Like most simple recipes, using quality ingredients in this slice is crucial. So, let’s just mention the Barambah Tasty Cheese. To be honest, this ingredient is the real hero of this dish. It really is the best and oh so tasty, plus it is made right here in Queensland.
Feel free to make any changes you would like. Sometimes, I like to add a little bacon or some Barambah marinated Feta for something a little fancy. This recipe can also be made into little individual serves by using mini loaf tins or a muffin tin. This recipe may be simple to make but it is even easier to eat!
- 5 organic eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 large organic zucchinis, grated
- 1 organic corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 large organic onion, grated
- 1 cup organic self-raising flour (use wheat-free and gluten-free options if required)
- ½ cup Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 cup Barambah cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. organic parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 1800C and lightly oil a slice tin.
- Into a large bowl add eggs, zucchini, corn, oil, cheese and salt and pepper. Then sift flour into bowl and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared slice tin, shake slightly to even batter. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until slice is golden, firm and bounces back when touched.
- Allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favourite tomato chutney.
Recipe by Laura Scherian