Vegetable Minestrone Soup
Winter wellness in a bowl. What we absolutely love about Minestrone Soup is that it has the ability to use up any leftover vegetables which you may have in the house. Creating a really affordable winter wellness option for the whole family.
We’ve used Nutra Organics Vege Broth as it contains all the good stuff – calcium, zinc, folate and other B vitamins to support immunity and gut during the cooler months.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Serves: 6 people
VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 3 celery stalks, diced into half moons
- 800g canned diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes diced
- 4 tablespoons Nutra Organics Vege Broth of your choice
- 6 bay leaves
- 8 cups of water
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pasta shells of your choice
- 1 bunch kale or leafy greens of your choice, washed and chopped roughly
- 1 cup borlotti beans, cooked as per packet instructions
- Place a large saucepan over a medium to high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of oil, the onion, garlic, carrot and bay leaves. Constantly stir for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the potatoes, celery, canned tomatoes, Vege Broth, water and cracked black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the potato is almost tender.
- Add the pasta and cook for the amount of time specified on the packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is almost al dente, add the cooked beans and the kale or leafy greens of choice. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes before removing from the stovetop.
- Serve with crusty bread, extra cracked pepper or parmesan cheese shavings.