Vegan Curried ‘Egg’ Sandwich
This creamy curried cauliflower is reminiscent of a traditional curried egg. Sensational between two slices of toasted Gluten Freedom Gluten-Free Sourdough, but can also be enjoyed in just lettuce cups for a lighter alternative.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Vegan | Gluten Free
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 Organic Cauliflower, washed and sliced thinly with a knife to resemble small florets and crumbs
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- 2 tablespoons Mingle Seasoning Curry In A Hurry
- 1 tablespoon spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 8 lettuce leaves, washed
- 8 slices Gluten Freedom Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Sourdough, toasted
- Heat the oil in a medium to large frying pan over a low-medium heat on the stovetop.
- Cook the onion and garlic until softened. Set aside.
- Increase the temperature to a medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower florets / crumbs to the frying pan and allow to brown for 5 minutes, before stirring. Continue to allow the cauliflower to brown for 5 minutes each time before stirring. This will allow the cauliflower to crisp up, but cook down at the same time.
- Add the onion and garlic back to the frying pan with the cauliflower, add the butter, Mingle Curry Seasoning, flour, salt, pepper and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly. The flour will help the milk thicken up.
- Reduce the temperature to a low simmer, and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Toast the sourdough bread, lather with a layer of non-dairy butter, stack with fresh lettuce and the curried cauliflower mixture.