Cauliflower Tacos / Tortillas
These cauliflower tacos are a weekly Sunday night staple in our household during the summer months. Fresh, packed with goodness and super simple to whip up. The perfect summer sharing meal to enjoy outside with your family during the hot summer nights.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Time: 25 minutes
Crispy Cauliflower Ingredients
- Half a cauliflower, sliced into small florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Soft Taco Filing Ingredients
- 8 mini soft tacos or tortillas, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 avocado, stone removed and thinly sliced
- 2 sweetcorn in husks, husks removed and corn kernels sliced off the cob with a sharp knife
- 1 pineapple, halved and diced into small pieces or cubes
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced with seeds removed if you prefer
- 2 limes, sliced in half or into wedges
- 1 bunch coriander, washed well and roughly chopped
- Store-bought tomato salsa
Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan bake.
In a small bowl combine the spices for the cauliflower.
Transfer the cauliflower florets to a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil and the spice mix and toss with your hands to combine well.
Transfer the cauliflower to a baking tray and bake in the oven until tender and crispy for approximately 10-15 minutes.
Prepare all of the filling ingredients, lay them out on a large chopping board or into different sized bowls.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and warm up your soft tacos as per the packet instructions.
Assemble your tacos as you prefer.