Vegan Caramel & Macadamia Tarts
KB Sugarfree aka Katherine is a food blogger from Brisbane who enjoys sharing her passion with other like minded people. You can read more about her here. KB Sugarfree got creation in the kitchen with some of her favourite Flannerys Own products & the result was Vegan Caramel & Macadamia Tarts – yum!
Ingredients (Tart Shell)
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Flannerys Organic Coconut Chips
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup/honey/sweetener of choice
Ingredients (Vegan Caramel)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Sugar
Ingredients (Raw Chocolate)
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- For tart shell, in a food processor blend the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Then press the mixture into the sides of cupcake moulds – this can be tricky but just be patient and use a small teaspoon to press the mixture against the sides.
- Pop into the freezer OR into the oven (bake for 10 mins or until golden brown). Either way, allow to cool and set for at least 30 minutes.
- For the caramel filling, bring the coconut cream & sugar to the boil in a small saucepan on stove top (medium heat) and allow to heat for around 10 minutes.
- When you remove it from the heat it should retract down to a golden coloured syrup. Allow to slightly cool (the more the better).
- Pop the caramel into the cooled tart shells.
- Sprinkle macadamias over the top and return to fridge (for cooked tarts) or freezer (for raw tarts).
- For the raw chocolate, mix the cacao & the coconut oil well. Remove the tarts from cooling space and then drizzle the raw chocolate over the top.