Tuscan Chicken Soup with Nutra Organics
Dairy Free | Gluten Free
Recipe by @nutraorganics
This is the perfect soul-lovin’ soup made with roast chicken leftovers or an organic store-bought roast chicken.
- 2 heaped tablespoons Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth powder original
- 2 tbsp Savoury yeast Flakes
- 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 pieces of celery, sliced (reserve baby leaves)
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 bunch of parsley, stems thinly diced (leaves reserved)
- 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves
- 1 zucchini – lengths quartered and chopped
- Either leftover roast chicken, 1/2 store-bought organic cooked chicken, or two cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4-5 leaves of Tuscan kale, stripped off stems and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1.5 litres boiling water
- 1 tsp pepper
1. In a deep pot, gently fry together the leek, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley stems and thyme in olive oil until softened.
2. Add shredded chicken, zucchini, broth powder, water and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in savoury flakes, cannellini beans, Tuscan kale simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste and season.
4. Stir in parsley leaves and baby celery leaves, then serve into bowls.