Vegan | Gluten Free
Makes: 20 nuggets
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Wether you’re vegan, vegetarian, cutting down on meat intake or simply looking for ways to sneak extra nutrients into your little one’s diet, you need to give these delicious tofu nuggets a try.
What nutrients are we talking about?
Standard chicken nuggets can be a low-nutrient food choice, however there’s no denying it’s a favourite within many Australian households. Tofu nuggets with their OWN savoury yeast coating provide antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and quality protein (Think calcium, iron, selenium and a variety of B vitamins). You’re also getting a healthy dose of protein and fiber with almond meal and tofu.
- 1/4 cup OWN almond meal
- 1/4 cup OWN savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Simply Organic turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- DeliSoy Organic firm tofu
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cut tofu block in half and wrap with paper towel or a clean dish cloth. Allow to sit and dry for 5 minutes.
- In a pan on medium heat, break the tofu up with a fork. Tip out any excess juices that may form in the pan, so the tofu remains quite dry.
- Remove from heat and add arrowroot, olive oil and a big pinch of salt. Combine through crumbled tofu.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- While tofu cools, combing remaining dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Roll tofu mixture into small nugget shaped.
- Roll nuggets in savoury yeast mix, placing on an oven proof dish with baking paper underneath.
- Cook nuggets for 30 minutes or until golden brown, flipping after 15 minutes to ensure both sides are browned nicely.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce, we loved Follow Your Heart Garlic Vegenaise.
Recipe by Lauren Clayton | @claydo_