Thai Coconut Noodle Soup
This is a deliciously fragrant coconut noodle soup that is ready in just 20 minutes!
You have the option to bulk it up with extra greens and vegetables, or you can leave it simple and delicious and enjoy it as more of a soup with noodles of your choice.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Vegan | Gluten-Free
Time: 20 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp. Niulife Cocomino Original
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 800g canned coconut milk
- 400g hokkien or rice noodles of your choice
- Salt & Pepper
- To serve
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- Red chilli or chilli flakes
- Lime wedges
- Place a medium saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the remaining ingredients except for the noodles.
- Place a lid over the saucepan and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
- To serve, place the noodles into serving bowls and ladle the soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, spring onion, chilli pepper or flakes and extra lime wedges