Sweet Potato Pancakes with Caramel Walnut Topping
Hello yum! We’ve got breakfast sorted with our Sweet Potato Pancakes with Caramel Walnut Topping. They are gluten free, paleo friendly and absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup well cooked sweet potato, skin on or off
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp Flannerys Own Baking Powder
- Flannerys Own EV Coconut Oil, for cooking
- 2/3 cup Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Syrup
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Cashew Spread
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Walnuts, roughly chopped and lightly roasted
- Pinch of salt
- In a food processor add the sweet potato (room temperature), eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla – blend until very smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and fold through coconut flour and baking powder until a batter forms.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour in roughly a 1/4 cup batter and cook until the surface bubbles – flip and cook until brown on both sides.
- For the caramel sauce combine the coconut syrup, cashew spread and pinch of salt in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve pancakes with a drizzle of caramel sauce (warm if you like) and a sprinkle of walnuts.