Sweet Potato Brownies
Cook: 40 mins
Recipe by @the.sunnystudio
Decadent, gooey and so delicious! These sweet potato brownies are perfect as dessert at the end of a long day (a generous scoop of ice cream is recommended) or as a special treat for a special someone. They taste amazing with melted vegan chocolate and the crunch of walnuts throughout.
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (see step 1)
- 1/2 cup Chef’s Choice Maple Syrup
- 1 cup OWN Wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Chef’s Choice Vanilla Extract
- 1 block Pana Organic ‘Mylk’ Chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup 99th Monkey Hazelnut Cacao Butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (optional for a deeper chocolate flavour)
- 1/4 cup OWN organic walnuts
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- To serve:
- Denada Vanilla Ice cream or your favourite vegan ice ceam (note: Denada is not vegan)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Chop your uncooked sweet potato in half, and pour over some olive oil, rub in with your hands. Place on a lined tray and pop in the oven to cook for an hour.
- When it’s cooked all the way through, it should separate from the skin by peeling it gently with a fork and mashing the sweet potato to a puree.
- Turn the oven down to 170 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sweet potato puree with maple syrup, almond cacao butter, vanilla extract and olive oil, stirring to combine.
- Then add your salt, baking powder, and cacao powder if using, giving it a quick stir to combine. Add flour and stir until a thick, batter-like consistency is reached.
- Pour batter to a lined baking dish, top with walnuts and chopped Pana chocolate.
- Place in oven for 30minutes, to check – insert a butter knife and it should come out relatively clean, we don’t want to overcook – it loses it’s gooeyness.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy with a (big) scoop of ice cream!