Sweet Potato & Almond Waffles with Coyo Organic Berry Compote
We’re sure Mum will love these freshly made for Mother’s Day this weekend. Made with love and topped with delicious berry compote. These pre+probiotic waffles are plant based, healthy and decadent enough to warrant a tablecloth and your best cutlery.
Recipe created by Coyo Organic
- 100g GF flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 mashed cooked sweet potato
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 tbsp. plant based milk
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup1 cup of fresh berries
- 4 tbsp. Probiotic Strawberry COYO Kefir
- 4 tbsp. Probiotic Vanilla Bean COYO Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine almond milk and lemon juice or vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes so the milk curdles.
- Add coconut oil, mashed sweet potato, maple syrup and vanilla into milk and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and stand batter for 10 minutes.
- Once waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray + pour on about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook for 4-5 min then remove.
- Keep cooked waffles warm in the oven and make sure not to stack them so they remain crispy!
- For the berry compote, add berries (keep some extra aside for serving!) and water to a small pot. Bring to boil, then simmer on low heat for 5-8min until berries thicken. This will take about 20 minutes. Once cooled stir in the COYO Kefir and store in a jar.
- To serve, top waffles with warm compote, two dollops of Probiotic Vanilla Bean COYO, fresh berries and a sprinkle of chia seeds and hazelnuts.