Summer Mango Salsa
Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Nut-free | Vegan
Recipe by Laura Scherian
It is mango season in Queensland and what a fabulous time it is! These versatile golden fruits are so delicious and brighten up meals with their vibrant colour and sweet distinct flavour.
There are so many ways to use mangoes. However, this light, fresh, and tasty salad has to be one of my favourites. It is a perfect side for a BBQ, with fresh grilled fish, prawns, Mexican, or even some shredded chicken for a light lunch. It is just so easy to make, but looks incredible and never disappoints!
Mangoes are nutrient-dense and have so many health benefits. They are especially rich in vitamin C and beta-carotene and are a great source of fibre. Teamed with all the other fresh ingredients this salad is a wholesome addition to any summer meal. Your family and friends are sure to love it.
- 1 ½ cups organic mango, diced
- 1 large or two small organic avocado, diced
- ½ organic red capsicum, diced
- ½ organic red onion, finely diced
- 1 organic cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 organic long red chilli, deseeded and thinly chopped
- juice of one lime
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 handful organic coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful organic mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Gently combine mango, avocado, capsicum, onion, cucumber and chilli in a large bowl.
- Add, lime juice and olive oil, gently toss. Then add herbs and gently toss again.
- Top with more sliced chilli, fresh herbs and lime wedges to serve.