Pesto is great! It’s great on crackers, with eggs on toast or tossed through pasta for a family friendly dinner. Spirulina is equally as great! High in Iron, B vitamins and a full amino acid profile spirulina is one of the few complete vegetarian proteins and therefore is great for vegetarians and vegans or anyone needing an energy boost. We’ve combined pesto & spirulina to bring you our Spirulina Pesto. A delicious take on traditional pesto beaming with goodness.
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 3/4 cup Flannerys Own Pine Nuts (walnuts or almonds will also work well)
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Spirulina
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rind & juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Combine all in ingredients in a food processor (or in a mortar & pestle).
- Pulse until well combine.
- Toss through freshly cooked pasta of choice or transfer to a jar and refrigerate until use.