Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
Looking for new ways to get bone broth into your diet? How about Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks? We’ve made this recipe with Best of the Bone 100% Australian Beef Bone Broth Concentrate.
Why are we loving this product?
Best of the Bone is an all-natural grass-fed beef bone broth concentrate. It is a liquid, golden gelatin – a living food.
A daily heaping tablespoon of the delicious Best of the Bone turns a mug of hot water and some vegetables and/or spices to add for taste into a superfood meal. Add it to your soup, sauce and gravy recipes for flavour and nutrition for the whole family.
1 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Olive Oil OR Organic Coconut Oil
4 organic lamb shanks
2 brown onions
2 garlic cloves
1 cups balsamic vinegar
2 cans diced tomatoes (400g per can)
2 TBS fresh parsely, fine chopped
4 cups Best of the Bone 100% Australian Beef Bone Broth Concentrate
1. Heat the olive oil (or coconut oil) in a large fry pan on a high heat. Brown the lamb shanks all over. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add the onion & garlic to the pan and cook until onion softens. Transfer to slow cooker with the lamb shanks.
3. Add the balsamic vinegar, diced tomatoes, rosemary & broth to the slow cooker.
4. Cook covered on low for around 6 hours and then remove the lid and cook for a further 2 hours on high to reduce the sauce a little.
6. Serve with sweet potato mash & steamed greens.