Simple Three-Cheese Gluten Free Pasta Bake
Gluten Free, Vegetarian.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
This Gluten Free Pasta Bake recipe is quick, simple, and most of the ingredients may be in your pantry already! Not to mention it feeds a whole family, and leaves some extra for tomorrow’s lunch. It’s also the perfect recipe to cook in bulk and freeze.
What nutrients are we talking about?
Load up on quality fiber and essential amino acids with Ceres Organic Quinoa Rice Penne, and avoid any post-meal ‘slump’ with it’s low glycaemic-index.
- Ceres Organic Gluten Free Quinoa Rice Penne
- Splash of olive oil
- 3 large pinches of salt
- 2 large pinches of pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped or minced garlic
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 1/2 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 x 400g cans Ceres Organic chopped tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil, finely chopped (save a few leave to garnish)
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a large pan on medium/high heat, add olive oil and garlic, stirring until fragrant.
- Add the cubed pumpkin and eggplant, along with salt & pepper. Stir-fry until golden.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and basil. Bring down to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Boil the quinoa rice penne according to cooking instructions on the box. Drain, and set aside.
- Remove the vegetable mix from heat. Add your fresh spinach leaves, and stir through. Add quinoa rice penne, and stir through again.
- Transfer pasta into a large oven dish. Top with ricotta, parmesan, finishing with mozzarella. Top with an extra pinch of pepper, and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown.
Recipe by @claydo_