This is an awesome recipe that you can adjust to suit your dietary requirements and tastes. Serve it warm or cool – the choice is yours!
Serves 4 | gluten free, vegan*, vegetarian
800g organic sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp butter or olive oil*
2 tbsp milk of your choice*
Extra virgin olive oil
2 organic onions, peeled and diced
1 organic garlic clove, peeled and minced
75g organic mushrooms, washed and diced
1 organic carrot, peeled and diced
400g can Chef’s Choice organic diced tomatoes
1 tbsp organic tomato puree
2 tbsp gluten free tamari
150g lentils, cooked or canned, drained
1 handful fresh organic parsley, chopped
*Choose olive oil and a nondairy milk option as vegan substitutes
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Steam sweet potato until cooked and tender. In a large bowl or pot, mix sweet potatoes with butter and milk, stirring until smooth.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring until translucent. Add mushrooms and carrots, cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, puree, tamari, lentils and parsley and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Pour into a round baking dish. Top with mashed potato, using a fork to create lines across the top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until potato is golden brown