Salmon Nicoise Salad
Gluten-Free | Dairy-Free | Nut-Free
PREP: 20 minutes
SIMPLE. QUICK. TASTY. These are three words that will spring into your head after making and eating this delicious salad. A perfect mid week meal for two or double the recipe to feed the whole family. There is nothing better than a tasty salad full of fresh quality ingredients. Good Fish Alaskan Salmon is the star of this dish, it is truly delicious and like no other preserved salmon I have tried. Ethically sourced and caught in the wild, it provides you with a sustainable and ecologically sound source of salmon year round.
I know what you are probably thinking, a salad is not enough to fill your family. However, when it comes to this salad, absolutely not true! It is extremely balanced with eggs and salmon for protein, little potatoes for carbs, heaps of fresh vegetables for fibre and great sources of good fats in the olives and avocado. Also, I have been extremely generous with serving sizes so adjust as necessary. If you are looking for an easy quick meal, that is nourishing and not boring, this salmon nicoise salad will be perfect.
- 1x Good Fish wild Alaskan salmon 120g
- ½ organic curly lettuce (any lettuce will work)
- 100g organic green beans, boiled until just soft, refreshed in cold water
- 4 organic new potatoes, halved, boiled until soft, refreshed in cold water
- 2 organic eggs, hard boiled and halved
- 8 organic cherry tomatoes, halved or 4 small tomatoes, quartered
- 10 organic black olives
- ½ organic avocado, cubed
- 1 small organic garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Absolute Organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ organic lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp. Global Organics Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. OWN raw honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped organic parsley
- To make dressing whisk together garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, parsley and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce and toss, then add potatoes, beans and tomatoes and gently toss again.
- Divide between two bowls or plates and arrange olives, avocado, eggs and salmon on top.
Recipe by: Laura Scherian