Roast Chicken with Balsamic Glaze & Fig Pistachio Quinoa Stuffing
With the weather starting to cool down it is time to warm up with our delicious Balsamic Glaze Roast Chicken with Fig Pistachio Quinoa stuffing.
- Whole organic chicken – roughly 1.5kg
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 spring fresh rosemary
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Quinoa Grain
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Figs, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Pistachios, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat add the balsamic vinegar and half the rosemary – bring to a very light simmer.
- Reduce the liquid by half, constantly stirring as it simmers.
- Stir in the olive oil and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa by adding it to a small saucepan with the chicken stock. Bring the liquid to the boil, the reduce the heat, cover and simmer until tender stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, chopped figs and pistachios to the cooked quinoa, stir until combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack and stuff with the quinoa stuffing. Baste with some of the balsamic glaze, season and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and using tongs rotate it to the opposite side, baste with the glaze and roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Flip the chicken one last time so the breasts face upward. Baste and roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and cover with foil – allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.