Red Velvet Beetroot Pancakes
*vegan, gluten free, *dairy free | Makes 8 pancakes
Recipe provided by Orgran
Spice things up a bit with these velvet red love pancakes. The perfect morning breakfast in bed. The beetroot is a great source of nutrients and antioxidants.
1 packet of Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix
75mm *milk of choice
3 eggs, whisked (*or Orgran Egg Replacer, for vegan)
150g fresh beetroot
Vanilla bean coconut yogurt
Honey (or maple syrup, for vegan alternative)
Crushed nuts & seeds (choice of pistachios, pumpkin seeds, cashews and sunflower seeds)
1. Peel and dice beetroot. Bring a pot of water to boil and add to pot. Simmer for 30 mins or until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
2. To a blender, add the beetroot along with the 220ml of water and puree.
3. In a deep mixing bowl, add the pancake mix, beetroot puree, milk and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
4. Using 1/3 cup scoop pancake mixture into lightly buttered, small non-stick frying pan.
5. Flip when bubbles appear. Cook each side for approximately 2 mins. Makes approximately 8 pancakes.
6. Serve pancakes with vanilla bean coconut yogurt, honey/or maple syrup, dried cranberries and crushed nuts and seeds.