Raw Carrot Cake Chocolate Truffles
These delicious raw truffles are a twist on the classic carrot and are perfect for an Easter treat – without the guilt!
Carrot Cake Filling
- 1/8 cup Flannerys Organic Raisins
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large green apple, cored and grated
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-2 TBS raw honey (depending on how wet or dry the mixture is)
- 2 TBS Flannerys Peanut Cacao Spread (or a nut butter of choice)
- 2 TBS Flannerys Organic Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Flannerys Organic EV Coconut Oil, softened
- 2 TBS raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Take the grated carrot and apple and squeeze against a fine sieve or nut milk bag to eliminate excess liquid, then add the pulp to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into balls and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Coating by combing coconut oil, vanilla, honey and cacao in a bowl – leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Use a skewer or a fork to dip the frozen balls into the Chocolate Coating, the chocolate should set instantly and the balls will be ready to eat.