Quinoa Snack Bars
Gluten free | Vegan
MAKES: Approximately 16 bars
PREP: 20 minutes
FRIDGE TIME: 2+ hours
Recipe by Laura Scherian
Are you looking for a fun snack, full of wholesome ingredients to make with the kids? Well, this the recipe for you! No baking required, just a food processor and some willing helpers.
This Quinoa Slice is super tasty, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan friendly. Sweetened only by dates, it is free of refined sugar and full of good fats and protein. If there are any ingredients in this slice that your family is not fond of, just switch them out for something else. For example, add nuts or some dried fruit instead of seeds. Cranberries are a great choice and one of my favourite additions to this recipe.
I like to drizzle mine with a little melted chocolate or carob. A thin layer of chocolate over the whole slice also works. Or if this festive season has already exposed your family to enough chocolate, this slice tastes delicious naked too! A great one to store in the freezer for snacks over the holidays or to share with unexpected guests.
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup Noya Almond butter
- ½ cup OWN hulled tahini
- ¾ cup OWN puffed quinoa
- 1 tsp. Very Vanilla vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic cinnamon
- ¼ cup OWN organic pepitas
- ¼ cup OWN sunflower kernels
- ½ cup Sweet Williams dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate buttons, either dark, milk or white (optional)
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blitz dates in a food processor to form a paste. Add the peanut butter, tahini, vanilla and cinnamon, then pulse until well combined.
- Add the quinoa, pepitas and sunflower kernels, pulse until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and use your hands to press the mixture down into the pan to make an even surface.
- If you are using chocolate, melt and drizzle over the top of the slice as desired. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing. Store in fridge or freezer.