Quinoa and Chickpea Meatballs
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 egg (or 1 flax egg for vegans - see note below)
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked Flannerys Own Organic Quinoa
2 tbsps Flannerys Own Savoury Yeast Flakes
2 tbsps Italian herbs or dried oregano
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup Flannerys Own Almond Meal (or gluten free bread crumbs)
2 tbsps tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
Note: to make one flax egg combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water and allow to rest of 10-15 minutes.
1. Set oven to 180°C and line a large tray with baking paper, that's been lightly oiled.
2. To make the meatballs, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together but is still chunky.
3. Form the mixture into 2-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through until the balls are browned on the outside.
5. Serve with Ozganics Pasta Sauce and your choice of pasta. Delicious!