Summer Pine Melon Ice-Blocks
Dairy-free | Gluten-free | Vegan
Prep: 15 Minutes
Freeze Time: Overnight
There is no better time for an ice-block than summer-time in Australia. However, store bought ice-blocks are usually high in added sugar and quite often contain colours and flavours. So, why not have a go at making your own, then you’ll know exactly what’s in them!
As the temperature rises, so does the availability of locally produced tropical fruit at pocket friendly prices. These Pine-Melon Ice-blocks are super refreshing and delicious. They are also extremely hydrating and full of vitamins and minerals, in particular vitamin C. Unlike purely juiced based ice-blocks, these beauties are made using the entire fruit so are packed full of fibre. Kids, and adults are going to love these as a snack by the pool, after sport or an easy dessert. Keep them in your freezer this summer and you will always have a cool and refreshing snack on hand!
- 1 cup organic watermelon, roughly chopped into cubes
- 1 cup organic pineapple, roughly chopped into cubes
- ½ cup JT’s Coconut Essence coconut water or organic apple juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic maple syrup, OWN honey or Jimalie coconut syrup (optional)
- 1-2 organic kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced into rounds
- In a blender combine all ingredients except Kiwi fruit. Fill ice-block moulds half way with mixture. Place 1-2 pieces of kiwi fruit in each and put in ice-block stick.
- Place in freezer over night and remove as needed.
NOTE: If you don’t have ice-block moulds, use plastic cups and ice-block sticks.
Recipe by Laura Scherian