Peanut Butter Bubble Slice
Gluten free | vegan | dairy free
Prep: 20 minutes
Set: 2hrs + or overnight
A nutritious makeover of a school lunchbox favourite. It is just as fun to eat but low in sugar and full of quality ingredients. I am not going to lie, it is next level and definitely one to make with the kids over the school break. However, it is not just for kids, adults love these too! It is a guilt free way to curb any sweet or chocolate craving that you may have!
This snack will keep your munchkins full of energy and satisfied. It is crammed with good fats, fibre and nutritious ingredients. In addition, it is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. If needed, you can make it nut free by switching the peanut butter for a ‘nut-free’ option such as sunflower seed butter. However, for those peanut butter lovers, you are going to want to make two of these. Feel free to add your own flare to the mixture. Dried cranberries and cacao nibs are among my favourites. Also, top it will your choice of drizzled melted chocolate or even better a layer of chocolate. Be sure to refrigerate to allow chocolate to set before serving. Simple and fun to make, this is definitely one for the whole family to enjoy!
- 100g Chefs Choice cacao butter
- ½ cup OWN extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic rice malt syrup
- 5 cups Nature’s Path puffed brown rice
- 1 cup OWN coconut chip coconut
- ¼ cup OWN cacao powder
- Line a slice pan with baking paper
- In a saucepan gently melt cacao butter and coconut oil. Add peanut butter and rice malt syrup, stir until combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix puffed rice, coconut and cacao. Pour in wet ingredients and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into prepared slice pan and press in firmly by rolling a jar over the top or something similar. Place in fridge or freezer until hard, overnight is best.
- Slice up and eat! (Best kept chilled, or else be prepared for a mess when eating!)
Recipe by Laura Scherian