Pana Chocolate Pancakes
By Pana Chocolate
gluten free, dairy free, vegan
These amazing pancakes are big on taste, yet simple to make recipe is organic, and contains no dairy, gluten or refined sugar. One pancake or the whole thing. A guilty pleasure that’s not so guilty after all.
1 Cup buckwheat flour
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarb soda
1 pinch of salt
1 flax egg (6 tbsp water + 2 tbsp flax meal)
¾ cup almond milk
1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/3 Cup maple syrup
Pana Chocolate squares
Coconut cream and seasonal berries to serve
1. To make the flax egg, combine the water and the flax meal in a small bowl.
2. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, the water will be completely absorbed by the flax and a soft gel will form. Add the almond milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
3. In a separate bowl, place the dry ingredients. Pour the liquid into the dry mix and stir to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture into a heated frying pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Serve with whipped coconut cream, fresh berries, extra maple syrup and Pana Chocolate squares.